Arcangelo join cellist Jean-Guihen Queyras for a fiery, feverish concerto by J.S. Bach’s second son.
Arcangelo’s rediscovery of C.P.E. Bach’s cello concerti in 2017 won widespread critical acclaim with the Financial Times impressed by the works’ “feverish invention” and BBC Music Magazine rejoicing in “the fiery wit of orchestral-soloist banter”. We are delighted to bring these works to the idyllic Hindsgavl Castle estate on Denmark’s Funen island in the company of virtuoso French cellist Jean-Guihen Queyras.
- 8.00pm, Thursday 9 July 2020
- The Barn at Hindsgavl Castle, Middelfart, Denmark
- Mendelssohn: String Symphony No.4 in C minor
- Mendelssohn: String Symphony No. 5 in B flat
- C.P.E. Bach: Cello Concerto in B flat Wq.171
- J. Haydn: Cello Concerto No.2 in D Hob.VIIb:2
- J.S. Bach: The Art of Fugue BWV1080 (Extracts)
- Jean-Guihen Queyras (Cello)
Event POSTPONED until further notice:
- If you have already purchased tickets for this concert, Wigmore Hall box office are automatically crediting your Wigmore Hall account and contacting you with further information.