An intimate recital reveals little-known links between Bach and Handel.
The pious poetry of Hamburg senator Barthold Heinrich Brockes had far-reaching influence. Our programme explores how his poetry was expressed by George Frederic Handel, and how the Brockes-Handel combination itself combined to provide decisive influence on the St John Passion of J.S. Bach.
- Time TBC, 25 July 2020
- Eglise Saint Luc, Ménerbes, France
- Handel: Nine German Arias (Selection)
- Buxtehude: Trio Sonatas Op.1 & 2 (Selection)
- Arias from the Brockes Passion HWV48 (Handel) and St John Passion BWV245 (J.S. Bach)
- Katharine Watson (Soprano)
Event POSTPONED until further notice: